Monthly Archives: April 2016

The lost Pubs of Denmark Hill: The Bull’s Head

There was a pub called The Bull’s Head in Camberwell for nearly three centuries. Most likely at the same location, on the site of todays Camberwell Green Post Office at what is now 25 Denmark Hill. This photo was taken … Continue reading

Posted in Denmark Hill, Pubs | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Denmark Hill Chapel

In 1773, 30 members of the congregation of St Giles organised the building of a proprietary chapel on Denmark Hill. It is now the site of the present day King’s College Dental Hospital. It was initially used only for Morning … Continue reading

Posted in Churches, Denmark Hill | Tagged , | Leave a comment